CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Hola (in honor of Mom)

Ha ha I love you crazy ones.How are y'all? We had a great week. We met with Trey & Nga and it was awesome. Their uncle sat in on some of the lesson. Afterwards he was telling me how he was their uncle...pointing to the boys in the room saying they were his "nieces" & pointing to the girls calling them his "nephews" hehe that's so cute. I love that family! It is so fun how crazy it gets at their house: they've got a ton of people living there, lots of bantering in a language I do not know, 8 little kids running around screaming, there's always something being cooked in the kitchen, we-as is their custom-remove our shoes before coming in, a lot of smiling, a lot of love, one of their nephews is half asian/half white..so Trey& Nga call him "white boy" as a pet-name, all have a lot of responsibilities in the family, it is just great...they treat you like their own.Anyhow, Sis. Mickelson are getting along really well. I love how companions become like added, well, sisters.We are serving with some great people & have been able to see some wonderful things.Stake Conference was yesterday and Pres. Spencer(stake president) came down and walked out among the people. He had asked everyone who had been away from the church and recently come back ( as well as those who had just joined the church to stand up). He greeted each of them on bended knee putting a ring on their finger and then embraced them. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Many were in tears over the wonderful feelings of love and joy.Elder Kleinman( an outstanding person) who was sitting next to me is blind. He said, " What's happening Sister Colvin?" I tried my best to describe it to him. Afterwards I said, "I wish you could have seen it." He then told me that even though he is blind, he could still feel the spirit that was in the room during that time.Blindness, seemingly a hinderance, has not the ability to withold things communicated spiritually. The Holy Spirit speaks directly to the heart...even the broken I might add. How lucky that Elder is to be able to see the world through his spiritual eyes alone. I am grateful for my sight of course, but it was inspiring to behold the example of the wonderful love God shows in granting us our weaknesses.Love Bonnie...ps: I challenge you all to pay close attention this week to the content of you hearts. See that it is filled with Love and Hope. Ask the Father to help you strip away anger, pride, & negativity. See if it does not lead you to do good and to be ridiculously happy!

0 comments: