CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 8, 2007

My Mission Pres. is Awesome by the way

Family of Colvins,
This week was good. On Pday we played v-ball again...I played for like 3 hours straight and wow,,,I was sore the next day. It was fun...I got to (as the elders would say it) "pancake" Elder Jambon (simply meaning that I blocked him) which, is funny because I'm way shorter.Anyways, I LOVED conference! The best talk was given by Elder Wirthlin.What power he has! He gave everything he had to stay up there and deliver. Not only was that amazing, but the best thing to witness was the loving kindness the apostles have for one another. It was a blessing to see Elder Nelson up there with him, sustaining him.I'm not sure I have yet told you how privileged one is to be serving with Sis. Mickelson. I am utterly amazed by her. I am certainly glad that I've learned a long time ago not to compare. Otherwise, I fear that serving with her would be a very painful experience; she's so good! :) But anyways, I tried something different in my studies this week. As I was reading the Book of Mormon, I read aloud, speaking as if the words truly were being spoken by the prophets at that moment. Well, I have found something wonderful in it. As it came to life, the spirit was more easily conveyed, more easily felt. I was there. I think, that the Book of Mormon deserves to be read with passion. It should be read with as much care and as much power as it is powerful. When we casually read it, I feel we, in a way, harden our hearts to the reality, spirituality, and blessing of it....even that cheer in our hearts. I'm not saying that one needs to read it aloud, but with care. This is something I have learned this week.I'm sure you already know these things, but I guess I just wanted you to know that I'm growing. Mom & Dad, yes i did like conference. Haha I told my comp about Glen today, the cherry bomb, and Pres. Ford Sarah!! Hi. I just finished your tape...hopefully I don't sound crazy... I was a little tired when recording it. Thanks for the Vitamin C.I love this work.Rose & Tres, I miss ya. Trish & Robert, I think I'm getting better at my singing. I've been doing the things you both showed me and have been able to project much better.....although unfortunately, a bit too much. One elder said I was loud :) I guess I'll save that for the stage...haha Gab, there's a gabby in my ward here & I adopted her as my temporary Gabby until I'm home again :) Ben & Zack, keep doing funny& silly things you're only little once. Abby & Grant, I love you two crazy-heads.Jacob & Ammon I also want to encourage you both in your dedication to our Savior. Thank you both for striving to be obedient in all things. When I'm a little sad because of some who do "withhold their labor" from Him, I think of you both, knowing you're working hard, and I feel comforted.
Take Luck,
Sister Colvin
PS: I thought I'd be as awesome as other people and write a "book" this time.
Ps;; we were at the Odom's house & my comp was looking all around for a cat she thought she saw.......came to find out that it was a painting on the wall.....haha its funny that Brother Odom not sis. Odom is the one who owned the kitty painting

0 comments: