CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 1, 2007

HI!!!!!


Hey Y'all,Tis' I again.

I"m trying to think...it's so hard to remember everything that happens in a week...Dad, thanks so much for the weather channel flashlight/radio...it's awesome. I was very happy to get it, and also the letter. It made my week :) So how's ere-body?Well things are continueing to go well here. I'm staying in Mobile another transfer much to my satisfaction. President Summerhays called me the other day asking me about how the area was going etc. He said that He would trust both myself and Sis. Mickelson to train the new sisters coming out, but he said he didn't want to break up a good thing. So, Sis. Mickelson and I are still together. I was really nervous when he called because I was worried he was going to ask me to train. Ha ha...Sister Jernigan was really happy I get to stay :) I am too. So, we met a strange man the other day. He said, " I'm a pirate...that's why I'm drinking beer". haha We actually ran into him the next day and he was saying, " Remember me? I'm a pirate" and then bent his finger into a hook shape and said, " ARRRRR!" ANyways,,, I've learned a long time ago that it is not usually worth the effort to try to teach an inebriated (did I spell that right?) person. Thought y'all would find some humor in it....that stuff happens all the time.We also met another interesting character. We were tracting ( which is awesome) and we met Curtis, a 70 year old man. He was utterly convinced that he was infact a smarter than...well, pretty much everybody. He talked and talked and talked...rather quickly too. He kept saying stuff like.."well you don't know this but.." "now you wouldn't know anything about this but..." " I know more than you do about Mormons" you've never heard of this I'm sure..." Wow, it was very interesting. There wasn't really anything we could say to him; he wasn't really a listener. However, the best part was...in the middle of his frantic rambling, Sister Mickelson looked Curtis in the eyes and said, " You know, God loves you." The strangest thing happened...it literally put a hitch in his preaching. He seemed quite taken aback and then quickly tried to recover by saying "uh,well Yes He does". Is it not the greatest of all? Love. Especially the love of God, it is what reminds us all of the bigger picture. It takes a step back from doctrinal disputes, and one can see what matters....and that is infact Love.Look it up, go in the topical guide in the scriptures and look up Love. There are so many places where that word is made mention. Let us all take a new view on the importance of that word. It is the answer to all and the solution to all. Let us all search for it and find it. Let us all have that in our hearts. As Latterday Saints we absolutely have to have enough Hope in our hearts, enough Love in our hearts to not only sustain ourselves but to freely give to others. THEY NEED IT. There isn't enough in this world and too many go far too long without it. So go out and Love with all your hearts!

Love Sister

Bonnie Colvin

Ps; I love my family

0 comments: