CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

This weak I mean week, ha ha

hey ya'll,Yet again...we are in the library with the slowest computers in Mobile. Anyways, it has been another week filled with good. :) We had a great meeting with Trey (17 yrold Vietnamese Boy). He doesn't speak English very well...so there is a great adaptation needed in our lessons. Basically everything has to be taught as if you would teach a young child. It gets interesting at times. There's alot of improvisation required. For example, We were trying to teach him that through Jesus Christ we can be cleansed from sin. Well, he was having a hard time understanding....so... my hand (representing Trey) was trying to get to a picture of the Sun ( representing the Celestial Kingdom or Heaven),,,,however, he was being blocked by a baby sized shoe(representing sin). I pulled out a Finding Faith in Christ pass-along card. In the end, the card (representing Jesus Christ) picked up "Trey" carried him over "sin"( or the shoe) and took him to "heaven". It was really funny and we all laughed. He is so wonderful. We taught him how to pray and he's been practicing and doing really well. Him and his sister Nga ("Nyeh") are the only ones in their family who do not believe in Buddha but in Jesus Christ. The only explanation I can offer for why that is, is because they are choice spirits and must have been very valiant before this life.Many times I find myself, ( when i'm not being a prideful and ridiculous creature) that I am truly nothing before my Lord. I am absolutley and fully Nothing without His help. Many times I will meet a person or persons who I know, without a doubt, fought for His cause with greatness in the pre-existence. It is quite humbling. Sometimes I think, " well, who am I to tell them these things or even about Christ...for they truly knew it? Such people as these..so much worth, so much value... what an honor it is to present that to them here."I think these realizations have come much because I have been trying to work on NOT having pride rule my heart. Now that has been a hard thing. How many times does one have to check herself on that topic? Probably a million.... I am so frustrating at times. Pray that the Lord will mold me into what I am meant to be. I hope to be more of a reflection of Him....

0 comments: