CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

For the Love of the Work



Dear Family,
Happy Halloween
This week was wonderful! Fei's baptism was as serene as could have been hoped for. She knew exactly what she was doing. She bore her testimony before the ordinance, and it was so powerful. She told us that she that Jesus Christ is the beloved son of God and that she is so happy to be our "forever sister". I didn't think it possible for her to be more pure and clean, and yet the cleansing power of the baptism and confirmation brightened her and sanctified her to whats seemed as a celestial degree. We were blessed upon Weibi announcing that he wants to be baptized this month. How wonderful!
A huge miracle happened on Sunday: There is a family here that hasn't come to church in years on account of an offense and dispute. They wouldn't let anyone from church in their home. I've been visiting them periodically this whole year with no success. They wouldn't even come to the door. One time I met the husband, and he told me their side of the story. I remember the sick feeling I had from it. It was not good; there was so much anger. Anyways, I've prayed for them from time to time not knowing that one day I would see them walk through the doors at church! The husband got up and bore his testimony, sharing his story of how they came back to church. I was overcome with this evidence of His profound love for His children.
Thanks Jacob and Baysingers for the letters!
I love the work. I still find myself totally enveloped in it.
It will only continue onward and upward!
Love Sister Colvin

0 comments: