CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Family of Mine

~Sister Kaonohi~
Dear Family,
Last week, I found out that Sister Kaonohi (a sister I served with in the MTC) after suffering with migraines for several months, visited the doctor and discovered that she had a large tumor in her brain. During surgery to remove it, she suffered a stroke and went into a coma for two weeks. She survived it and is now trying to recover. How very sad it was to get that news; she is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Elder Wright, Elder Jacobson, and I united together yesterday in a fast for her and her family.

Anyways, I love all of you. I've been a little bit sick this week, so one of our investigators gave me some chinese medicine. He was nice enough to try it on himself before giving it to me (perhaps to make sure it didn't kill me) No, I won't take it, but I thought it was very nice of him to do that. This example of kindness, in a way, reminds me of Jesus Christ. He wanted to help us get better, so He took it all upon Himself first. This way He knows how to help us through trial and pain and knows if we can handle it or not. Perhaps this is a stretch, but I love to compare everything to Him. My wonderful brother, who is now serving in the Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission, wrote me today saying, "Remember, the race is won by the final sprint!" I hope to do just that with the time still granted me!

Love Sister Colvin

0 comments: