CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

For the Last Time

Dearest Ones,
Could this day possibly be here so soon? I will be seeing you again. Walking
off the plane to the view of my family....is this not what all missionaries
(in the back of their mind at least) envision as a wonderful and glorious
day?
We read Alma 26 today. How much more those words mean to me now. The Father
has given me, I feel, just as much joy in my labors. He has fulfilled His
word to me in every particular, helping me to accomplish things I had no
idea could be accomplished.
In honesty, I have dreaded the day I would have to take off this name tag;
all missionaries do. However, the Lord promises us great things. He said to
us that He would go before our face, that He would be on our right hand and
on our left, His spirit will be in our hearts and His angels round about us
to bear us up. Even though I have no idea what the future holds, I know that
He will prepare the way.
I have received a few letters recently. I want you all to know, that I am
coming home to love you. That is my purpose. I hope you would expect nothing
less.
God be with you 'til we meet again.
One more thing, I want to tell you something that happened this week. I got
a letter in the mail. It cost the individual 16 dollars! He wanted to get it
to me in time and sent it on a two-day delivery. It was from my beloved
brother Jacob. It contained only a single page, and I wondered what could
possibly merit spending 16 dollars to send a one-page letter. Then I read the letter. It was so beautiful. The words he wrote filled me
with gratitude and great love. This instance was so moving to me, although
seemingly insignificant to the world. I wrote in my journal and told
everyone of how my brother was so kind and good, that he spent 16 dollars
just to tell me he loved me. Jacob, thank you. I want you to know that I
will remember that for the rest of my life.
Love Sister Colvin

0 comments: