CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Hi Everybody It's ME!



Dear Family,
This week was wonderful!
Little Andy is going to be baptized in October!!!! I also found out the eternal investigator in Theodore got baptized this week! This is one of the biggest miracles I have seen thus far! Also this week, we the zone set goals for new investigators this week.....well, Troy missionaries didn't find any!! I felt bummed, but President said that the zone still exceeded its' goals even without the two best areas in the zone (our are and the elders here). The cool thing is that I think it was meant to happen that way. At the end of that night, Fei said she wanted to be baptized in October too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's what I wrote to President: I have been thinking about why we (and the Elders) didn't find any new investigators on Saturday. I have to admit, it was somewhat disheartening. It is easy for the adversary to put thoughts in one's head such as: " Maybe you just didn't have enough faith" etc. I feel I have found the answer. I evaluated the Elders' and our experience that day. I know that all of us had enough faith, yet we did not see the results we desired. My thoughts were directed to the army of Israel when the Lord decided that only a part of the army should go to battle so that He could show both the enemy and His people that He had power to enough to accomplish things with small numbers. The zone still exceeded its goals!
I believe that we learned last time that we could see miracles with faith. This time, I believe we learned the next lesson, that being that miracles are also dependent upon His timing and will. ( Work + Faith + His Will = Miracles)
-------------------------------------
ANyways, Heavenly Father knows best. I am glad to know that. Also Brother Qi got the Melchizidek priesthood yesterday!!!!! And President Summerhays, during his talk (STake conference) asked Brother Qi to get up there. He asked him a few questions and had hin bear his testimony. It was so wonderful! Brother Qi's girlfriend (who he taught the gospel to over the internet) has accepted the gospel and wants to get baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love life!
-Sister Colvin

0 comments: