CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

LONG LETTER for a crazy/good week




Hi Family,
Thank you for that package!! IT was great!! THANK YOU!
Wow this week WAS COOL.
We had SO many appointments. So here's how it goes: We meet everyone in what is called the Trojan Center. We basically stay there all the time while our different students/investigators come and go. One day we had to sit for 5 straight hours!! That was painful but good. We had an amazing lesson w/ Fei Wang and little Andy(t'would take too long to tell you all the details).
We had our ESL class on Saturday, and we had 13 students show up. A bunch of them came up to us afterwards practically begging to come to church. One girl said, " Oh I'm so happy to see you both!" We were like, "Uh..thanks...good to see you too." Then she said, " I went to your church in Korea." We said" What?!" She said," Yes, and I'm a member. I've been here a month and didn't know there was a church here." WOW.
Later we had to meet w/ Bro. Enslen ( guy from northern Alabama who sat by Sasha on the plane and is the one who referred him to us), Sasha, and his friend Tony who is from Kiev, Ukraine. Well Sasha, in my opinion is pretty lame. We think he's taking advantage of Bro. Enslen because he spends money taking him out & etc. Anyways, the plan was that we would accompany them to the Troy VS: Alcorn State football game. Oh my, it was the most boring, torturous time of my life. I do NOT like watching football! Plus, i thought that games were just an hour! I was bored before the end of the 1st quarter. Plus, the other team's Dance team...was so dirty...then to add to that their marching band (the entire band) was totally dirty too!! It was the worst any of us have ever seen. I was waiting for lightning bolts to be sent down! ANyways, Alcorn State was the worst team in existence. The score was something like 65-0. Sasha was being a punk to me the whole time. He kept ignoring me. The redeeming factor of it all was that we met Tony, who is super nice and interested in the gospel!


Anyways, we had 3 chinese and 1 japanese people/person at church yesterday. It was so cool! They are all wonderful!!
THe japanese guy's name is Shin and says his favorite thing to do on weekends is to drink... It was funny, earlier in the week, we got invited to one of the students parties. We ended up having to leave early because people were drinking but not before we see Shin walk in with a huge bottle of liquor...oh man!
Oh yeah, also funny this week: I was talking to a girl who informed me that she was Buddhist. Well, we've been sharing an inspirational story called "The Golden Buddha" it's about seeing your inner-potential ....blah, blah....... SO I just started telling her this story and well, she started crying!!! Apparently it was a " spiritual" story for her since she's buddhist. Then I got to thinking, " My purpose is to bring souls to Christ.....not to Buddha!" What kind of missionary am I? haha
WEll anyways enough of my crazy week.
love y'all,
Sister Colvin

0 comments: