CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Amazingness

Dear Everyone, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABRIELLE!!!!!!!!!!
This week was amazing!!!
We taught so much. We taught two people how to pray, and one received his answer in our closing prayer(that God exists). I love this! We have a new investigator we call Bro. Liu(from China...same town as Brother Qi) He is great! He had tears in his eyes throughout church and was able to witness Tianchi receive the Priesthood! We also got a new member in our branch named Terrance. He is actually from Taiwan, was baptized a year ago, and speaks Mandarin. Well, Family, he is the one who ordained Tianchi to the office of a Priest! Also, he gave the blessing in Mandarin which must have been so special to Tianchi, Brother Qi, Brother Liu, and himself (it being his first time to ever do that).
Everything is going amazing!!! We feel that Andy will be baptized soon. All of the classes we are teaching are very successful. In all of our classes combined, we are teaching over 40 people. Things are happening here! Anyways this week was just great! We taught people from China, Nepal, Korea, Japan, Morroco. There was a creep from Nepal who was trying to seduce me in the library...yuck! Today, we met with a guy from Belarus (a small country between Russia and Poland). His name is Sasha and he speaks Russian... I met a sister missionary in the MTC who was from Russia. She wrote a bunch of Russian phrases on a piece of paper and gave it to me...Luckily I was able to find it and practice some Russian on him !! Anyways, he was nice and said I would survive in Russia. We also gave him a Book of Mormon in Russian. We'll see what happens.....
Something funny:
We are grading a paper for one of our chinese students....in it he said that the U.S. should make Iraq the 51st state. Also, another student (also from China) gave me some advice for when I look for a husband...haha Here it is,
" He needs to be like a Father so he'll take care of you, a Husband so he'll spoil you, and a Gentleman so He will respect you."
I don't know, I thought that was pretty funny.
Well, I love y'all.

0 comments: