CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

...What To Write...

Namaste my family,
I wish I could relate the contents of this week to you all.I'm going to be honest, this has been probably the most difficult week on my mission. I can't really explain everything. There are so many details. Sister Carpenter called president Summerhays on Monday. She told me afterwards, unexpectedly, that she would probably be going home soon...maybe at the end of the transfer or the next. I was shocked! I knew she had had her hard days but was usually fine. I was quite troubled over the news. As I prayed, I felt that I should tell her that she could stay out in the field, that I had full faith in her, and that I would help her do it even if I had to drag her along. Afterwards, she felt a lot better and things seemed fine. Well, that night they talked again and I was informed by President that she was, in fact, leaving. Not only that, but would be leaving the next morning! I was informed that I could not know the reason why, only that it was health oriented. He explained they would be bringing Sister Scoresby from Andalusia up to serve with me for the remainder of the transfer (she must have had a shock, she had no time to tell anyone she was leaving & barely enough time to pack her bags) President said that it was very likely that after the conclusion of this transfer (2weeks) I will be training.....Needless to say I was experiencing a higher level of stress at that moment. So the next morning, she left . I am now with Sister Scoresby. In spite of all this, my Father has reached out . I have been encircled about my the arms of His love. The day she left: I received the package that Robert & Trisha sent me & one that Sarah's mom sent. Sister Chapman called me....she felt very strongly that she needed to call me and didn't know why. Since then, Sister Carpenter emailed me. She is doing well and having a wonderful time with her family. In her email, she told me that President Summerhays told her that she served with the two most exceptional sisters in the mission (sis. Pope, who trained her just before going home & myself) I was shocked when I read that. Thursday, Sis. Price's (a lady in our ward) son-in-law's mother died. Well, I called him and offered our help for the funeral that was the next day (friday, yesterday) He asked me to sing, " The Old Rugged Cross". Luckily, I had a 1956 Baptist Hymnal someone in mobile gave me. I was happy to do it for them. I was expecting it to be a small funeral ,knowing them...Well, it was not small, well, at least it wasn't as small as the other funeral I sang at. There was well over a hundred people and at the last second, they decided I was going to sing Amazing Grace as well........never really sung it before....... (it was either that or In the Garden & they chose that one).....Sister Scoresby & I prayed in a empty room together that the Spirit would help me and that we would be able to use this great opportunity to bring forth His desires...Well I asked the preacher if I could introduce myself & he said no, so i just sang. The Lord helped me. I wished I could have said something or done something more.......but afterwards we able to talk to a lot of people.Well I wish I could write everything, but I cannot...some things will have to be shared in the future. From this week I learned more about myself, what I can handle, my Father, the greatness of His mysteries, the access of miracles, and the sweetness of moments spent pleading in utter weakness before Him.I will continue to put my trust in Him and He will still deliver me.
Love
Bonnie
Ps; We actually are not moving
Pss: Ammon, I met a student from Russia! His name is Said (pronounced Sigh-eed for those who don't know) He had SO many questions. It was awesome. I was looking at my email and that I recieved your weekly letter...I then felt I should talk to the guy next to me! And wow, it turned out he was from Russia. In the middle of talking, he had to run off but scribbled down his email address....well I emailed him the next day, but it didn't work..so I tried a bunch of different variations of it and still had no luck... Then I prayed and asked God to help me figure it out..........Right as I finished praying, I looked up and He was a few feet in front of me on a computer!!! I love how God gives us better gifts than we even ask for.
Also, thank you for your prayers for Trang's family.

0 comments: