CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Week

Dear sweet ones,

It is me again. I can't believe the week has gone by so quickly. Thank you all for....i don't even know...I'm just grateful for you.We had an amazing yet hard week.Wednesday night at 8:50 pm...I was filling out pass-along cards with our number on them. The thought came to my mind to call Trang. I hadn't since I was transferred. I continued writing and the thought kept pressing firmer to where I put the pen down. I called him. He sounded different and wasn't excited as he normally would have been. He kept saying.."have you seen the news? have you seen the news?"I hadn't. I didn't know what he was talking about. He mentioned his nieces and nephews(you know the ones he babysits that live with him...the ones that run around like crazy, my little ones). I guess the father of the children allegedly threw all four over the Dauphin Island bridge on Monday! I was in shock. I had heard mention of something involving a bridge from one of the members here but had no idea. To make it worse, no one in the ward there knew about it... I was the only and first and I'm out here in Troy! I talked to him about it and told him I was going to call the Elders there. I could hardly communicate choking on tears, trying to call different people in Mobile trying to get the Elders phone number. I finally got it and told them. They hadn't visited him in a while. Although it was late about 10:30pm, President Summerhays told them to go over and see him and call me back. I cannot describe how hard that was. I wanted to be there. That is my family. Those little kids. The Elders called back later and said they gave his sister Qu (the mother) a priesthood blessing and there was a great feeling of peace as they left the home. I myself was given a blessing by President and was given peace. That night was stressful because there was a tornado warning as well. The city alarm thing had gone off a few times. Don't worry we are fine. ANyways, it is difficult because I do not have much of any details about this situation. Last I heard the bodies have not been found yet.Sis. Carpenter is very fragile, especially about the topic of death. It really hits home. She's been stressed and I've been able to talk with her about it. Anyways, I want y'all to know that I am okay and have been given much strength and peace in my Savior.

Here is what I sent to President:

Dear President,

Thank you. It must be hard to be a constant source of strength to so many. I am glad to know that Heavenly Father sustains you in that.I do feel at peace. At first, I was distressed, but I know that one must allow the Lord to put one at peace. I believe in Him as much as I ever have and know that all will be as it should. I know that it is okay to have sorrow at death. I read in True to the Faith that, " the only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life. So with that, we express our love, but one does not need to allow it to destroy one's self. I know in whom I can trust and am safe in that. I talked to Trang, and he said that he knows that Jesus Christ will always be there for him and that he can be strong for his family. I am honored to have been able to claim him as my brother whom I must have promised my help in the premortal world. Also, the university is wonderful! We met with the Dean and it went very well. We've met a lot of international students! Things, we realize, may be slow at first, but that is fine. We know with whom we labor.

Love Sister Colvin

Please everyone pray hard my family. They are the Phan family. I've been asking everyone to pray for them. Please join. I'm sorry to send such sad news to y'all. I want y'all to know there is much , much good here as well! There is so much to be happy and amazed about. I love you.

Love bonnie










0 comments: