CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

even the winds and seas obey Him



Dear Family,
This week was great. I hope I can write an okay letter for y'all today because I have a headache caused by the evil rain. It has been Raining like mad. I wish I could relate all the funny events of this week...but my head hurts so you'll have to wait 'til i'm home. ...i'll give you some.. On Saturday, was Tianchi's Baptism. WELL, it was storming like crazy. The Elders picked us up. We had to run to the car....I was holding a vase of flowers and shielding a framed picture under my shirt...Well the wind was blowing so hard...the flowers were starting to disintegrate ( luckily they came out okay)....and I didn't have an extra hand to open the car so I was stuck!! After being beaten up by the evil rain, Elder Taylor opened my door from the inside. So, we get to the church; little do I know that my planner fell into a nearby puddle, which I didn't find 'til later, and it was a gonner. So the power goes out at the church for a while, I'm freaking out, Tianchi forgets to bring an extra shirt and leaves in a huge storm to go get one, one of the speakers gets sick so I have to come up with something, there's no pianist available to play (she's on vacation) so we have to do it(the piano is part electronic and has some songs that it can play by itself)....etc.....etc....etc Although flickering at times, the power remains on. The program begins. The first speaker finishes, and Tianchi gets up and bears his testimony. The Spirits fills the room and every heart. I am smiling and filled with peace and joy. I hear him speak of things I did not even know He understood. It is serene. We all move into where the font is, and Tyrell & Tianchi step into the water. As our little Tianchi is baptized, I am filled. There is so much happiness, there is so much hope. Tianchi is so bright and so good. He comes into the room and it is my turn to speak. Somehow I am given the words. The program ends and everyone is joyous. It amazes me what the Lord can do even in the middle of a great storm. "What manner of man is this that even the winds and seas obey Him?" He calmed the tempest for just a few precious moments. Perhaps so He could watch His little Tianchi come unto Him.
I love you,
Sister Colvin

0 comments: